The need for effective fire stopping
Following on from the A&B CPDs, this session moves the conversation from Reaction to Fire properties to Fire Resistance of materials. Explaining the key differences between these two distinct measures of a products performance. The session aims to provide a basic understanding of compartmentation and firestopping within a building.
- Understand how fires develop and regulations covering Fire.
- Understand the basic principles of compartmentation and fire stopping.
- Explore your responsibilities and liability for firestopping.
- Explain the need and benefits of third party certification
- Explore the differences between engineering judgements and assessments