The Building Regulations and corresponding government guidance in relation to the fire safety of the external walls of tall buildings have been subject to major changes.
This CPD focusses on providing an understanding of these changes and offers guidance through the range of ROCKWOOL insulation and fire stopping solutions suitable for rainscreen and masonry cavity wall constructions.
Fire safety should be of the utmost importance when specifying the materials that make up the external walls of a building, regardless of its height. Tall buildings in particular can present unique risks and challenges that need to be addressed. An understanding of these risks and the applicable regulations is essential in choosing the right materials for a safe building.
- Define the term ‘tall building’ as it relates to the Building Regulations
- An awareness of the unique fire safety challenges presented by tall buildings
- Understand how fires spread across combustible wall systems
- Gain an understanding of the current fire regulations and approved guidance
- Understand Euroclass fire ratings
- An awareness of additional fire safety considerations and issues with BS 8414 testing of combustible systems
- ROCKWOOL products and solutions for external walls