Designed for use only in conjunction with ROCKWOOL RAINSCREEN DUO SLAB, SP Firestop OSCB forms an open-state cavity fire barrier within a rainscreen cavity.
The product is available in two variants giving up to 60 and 120 minutes’ fire performance respectively: SP Firestop OSCB 60 and SP Firestop OSCB 120.
Each comprises of a continuous intumescent strip fixed to the leading edge of a foil faced stone wool barrier, encapsulated by a weather-resistant polythene sleeve – coloured white for OSCB 60 and red for OSCB 120.
Fully tested to ASFP TGD 19, the combination of non-combustible insulation with an effective intumescent supports the construction of safe façade systems and aids the design of high-rise buildings over 18m in height.
Installed horizontally and designed to ensure an appropriate open air space is maintained, SP Firestop OSCB is suitable for cavity widths up to 425mm.
- Fully tested to “ASFP Technical Guidance Document 19: Fire resistance Test for ‘open-state’ cavity barriers used in the external envelope or fabric of buildings”
- Up to 120 minutes fire integrity and insulation
- Provides 25mm or 44mm airspace
- Satisfies NHBC and CWCT guidance for ventilation gaps at fire barrier locations
- Weather resistant
- Easy site storage and handling